Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wilcox High - 40 Year Reunion


Last Saturday we went to Tom's High School Reunion. It was a lot of fun. We had a fun evening visiting and reminiscing with many of his high school friends. He's the tall guy in blue, in the middle. It's amazing how "old" some of those people have gotten! It was fun to hear so many of the old stories revisited. (And even a couple of new ones!)

We've keep in contact with our friends Bob & Anne Hall for years and really enjoy a chance to catch up. They live in Placerville so we don't see them real often but it's always fun when we do. We do keep in touch through our annual Christmas letters and cards. We sat together for dinner and that was great. (Bob had wandered off when they snapped this shot.)

We've also stayed connected with Shari Morwood since a few reunions back. She lives in New York and used to work for IBM so she and Tom talked off and on. When we went to New York City a few years ago, she came to town and had dinner with us. We've seen her several times when she's been out for her own family events and it's always fun to get together.

We had a great time seeing so many friends. I didn't make it to my reunion in September. I kept watching the RSVP list to see if I really knew anybody that was going but I didn't end up going. Most of my friends were a year older than me so they had already graduated. My senior year they split our school, Pioneer, with Leland, when it opened for the first time. There are many people I'd love to see, but I just wasn't sure. I'm glad that we have so many friends from Tom's class.

One fun little extra was seeing my best bud from San Jose State, Kerry Burnham. He is the year after Tom at Wilcox, and he was there checking things out for his reunion next year! We had a fun visit with him too. Luckily he works in Gilroy and we get to do lunch every once in a while.

P.S. Hey Emily, I did it all by myself!

1 comment:

Ma'ama said...

Did everyone shrink or was Tom always the tallest one in class? It was so good to see a picture of you both. You look fab-you-lush dahlings!!
Miss you!!
Pat