Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow in Gilroy!


Yes, we woke up to snow this morning. At 6:15 am big flakes were falling and it was so quiet outside. By 6:30 it had warmed up enough to stop the flakes.

I didn't snow nearly as much as it did in March of 2006. Liz & Andy were in the house then and the kids had a great time playing in the snow with their sand toys!

But when I left for work at 7:30 am my car still had snow and when I got to work 20 minutes later, much of it was still there. I think the last clump finally melted around 10:00. Once I was a mile to a mile and a half down Redwood Retreat Road there was no snow on the ground.

Just a little fun for us - not the trial for some of you out there!

1 comment:

Emily - MyBlather said...

I wish we had a little snow like that. My girls would be in heaven! That is the perfect amount also, one afternoon and then done.